Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How can I make a fondue with chocolate without a fondue pan?

I am interested in serving a chocolate fondue for strawberries and angel food cake pieces. But, I am not able to go out and buy a fondue pan. What can I do in order to keep the chocolate hot to do the dipping?How can I make a fondue with chocolate without a fondue pan?
Put the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of hot water, so the bowl traps the steam in the pot. This will stay long for a while, and all you need to do is replace the water with water from the kettle if it starts to get cold.How can I make a fondue with chocolate without a fondue pan?
You can create one by taking a pot filling it with water about half way, put it on the stove and bring the water to a boil. At this time, place a glass bowl over top of the pan with whatever fondue recipe you are going to use and stir it. It's crucial that the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl because this can burn the fondue. Once the fondue is melted, turn the water down to a simmer. It's creating a double boiler, not the best method bc you need to keep it on the stove, or if you have an electric burner that works too, but it does work very well.How can I make a fondue with chocolate without a fondue pan?
just melt it on the stove.. put a little butter in with the chocolate though

No comments:

Post a Comment