Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Is brandy necessary in chocolate fondue? And if not was is the best recipe or link to a recipe out there?

I want to make chocolate fondue for dessert what is the most flavorful but not extremely thick recipe that may or may not require brandy or liquor.Is brandy necessary in chocolate fondue? And if not was is the best recipe or link to a recipe out there?
Try this:



Bring heavy cream to just a boil.

Chop up some dark chocolate put it in a bowl.

Pour hot heavy cream over the chocolate - it will melt nicely - keep it warm and dip away. No need for any alcohol at all - but creme de cocoa works nicely if you want.Is brandy necessary in chocolate fondue? And if not was is the best recipe or link to a recipe out there?
I prefer to use Grand Marnier (orange liqueur instead of brandy in my chocolate fondue. I haven't seen a recipe for it that doesn't contain some type of alchohol...either wine, liqueur or brandy. I suppose you could leave it out and make up the liquid with a little extra heavy cream if you wanted to..



I'm not sure what you mean by "was is the best recipe or link to a recipe out there?" There are hundreds of chocolate fondue recipes on the internet, and I have no idea which would be the best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment