Thursday, February 23, 2012

Has anyone used a chocolate fountain for cheese?

I'm planning to have a chocolate fountain at my wedding, and I also want to do a cheese one. I know that some places that rent fountains provide cheddar cheese ones, but I'm planning to buy smaller fountains instead, so I need some help as to what to put in it. I've bought a Rival one (holds 3-5 lbs of chocolate), and I've heard that it can be used for pretty much anything (hot sauce, BBQ sauce, carmel sauce, etc.), but I need some details on how to do cheese.



What kind of cheese should I try? I'll be testing it before the wedding anyway, but need some ideas. I don't want to use standard "cheese fondue" stuff, as it's a bit too sharp. I saw Velveeta suggested somewhere, but I don't know if I'd need to add oil, or if something else would be better. (If you use chocolate, you sometimes have to add oil to the chocolate to get it to flow properly.)



Any ideas would be great - and I'd love to hear from anyone who's done/seen one of these.Has anyone used a chocolate fountain for cheese?
I haven't used cheese in my chocolate fountain, but I intend to try it. A quick search resulted in tons of sites that have specific recipes, although it seems to be 1 or 2 recipes per site. (no big list sites) I've linked one that sounds tasty below using Velveeta (which is so smooth, it will probably look the prettiest). There are lots of others using "real" cheeses and cutting them with water, wine, salsa, cream...lots of options. We used the chocolate at our Christmas open house and it was a HUGE hit. I'm sure having 2 at your wedding reception will be Over The Top!! Best Wishes to you...and have lots of napkins :)





Ay yi yi! Chipotle Cheese Sauce



3 lbs Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes

6 cups heavy cream

Pinch of crashed red pepper flakes

Pinch of salt

Adobo sauce (red sauce from canned chipotle peppers)

1鈥? cups whole milk





Mix the pepper flakes and salt with the cream and scald. Add cubed cheese and melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Add adobo sauce as desired. Thin to the correct consistency with milk. This recipe makes enough to run through the largest home fountains.



Pour mixture into chocolate fountain - run on high heat setting



Note...I'd probably use ground red pepper instead of flakes.
You CAN use cheese!!!! I know, I wrote the book!! www.chocolatefountainbusiness.鈥?

Report Abuse

Has anyone used a chocolate fountain for cheese?
Now that is class.





Why not do cheese fondue instead.



A cheese fountain just not sound like a good idea.
no, but it may workHas anyone used a chocolate fountain for cheese?
no please don't
no its only for chcocolate
no!
no no no!!!

do not use cheese, you will clog it up!



about the only cheese you CAN use is the already liquid canned nacho cheese, like they put on nachos at baseball games.
You can absolutely use cheese! I hate when people give useless answers too. Anyway, I got a chocolate fountain for Christmas and the directions say in big letters YOU CAN USE CHEESE! After you melt it it needs to be diluted with white wine and cream to keep it liquid. Powdered cheese can work too. You can also try BBQ sauce and dilute it lightly with wine, liquor, or other liquid and dip chicken cubes or other meat cubes in it. I haven't tried it yet but that's what my directions say. Also, as far as what kind of cheese to use, the directions don't exactly say, it just talks about cheese chips, but we were planning on just buying one of those huge blocks of cheese (and chocolate) that you can get at the grocery store, it has to be melted all the way down to liquid anyway. You can use any kind of cheese, we were planning on just doing cheddar, but you could use Swiss or any other kind too. Just a tip for chocolate, if it's pure Belgian chocolate, nothing needs to be added, but for any other kind of chocolate, canola or vegetable oil must be added. You can find the Belgian chocolate on any website that sells commercial chocolate fondue fountains. I hope this helps, good luck! Congratulations on your wedding too!
yes you can definately use cheese. i got the fountain as a gift %26amp; we used it for a party recenlty. we bought a few large blocks of sharp cheddar cheese %26amp; shredded it so it would be quicker to melt. after melted down we diluted it w/some white wine (a good wine) so it would stay thinned out for the evening and it worked beautifully. hope this helps!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment