Sunday, February 26, 2012

I am having a fondue party, can I use Hershey bars?

I hear I'm supose to melt chocolate before putting it in the fondue pot. Can I just put the chocolate bar in the pot and it will just melt?I am having a fondue party, can I use Hershey bars?
You could put cream in the pot first and when that is really really hot, just drop in chopped Hershey bars.I am having a fondue party, can I use Hershey bars?
You would not be happy with the results. I promise. Try this:



Ingredients



8 ounces good dark chocolate, chopped (not below 60 percent cocoa, recommended: Valrhona)

8 ounces heavy cream, scalded

1 stick butter, room temperature

Orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)

Marshmallows, strawberries, pound cake, dried apricot/mango/papaya, for serving



Directions



Completely melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the cream to a medium bowl and pour in the chocolate. Whisk the mixture very slowly creating a shiny, elastic emulsion.



Whisk in the butter, then add the liqueur, to taste, until well combined.



Pour the mixture into a fondue pot. Dip your choice of bites into the fondue using fondue forks and enjoy!I am having a fondue party, can I use Hershey bars?
Melting just chocolate bars is a white-trash way of doing it...but it will burn on the bottom while the bars are still meltiing - and you won't be able to incorporate creme into it to make a proper chocolate sauce.



Recipes have instructions to heat over a double boiler for good reason, not to waste your time.
U can do it ofcourse, howver I agree the results might not be what ur looking for. The recipe given might be a great alternative, you know the texture and flavor will be good.



( I don't think melting candy bars has anything to do with with skin color n where u live. )

No comments:

Post a Comment