Thursday, February 23, 2012

How much fondue and dipping food for about 50 people?

I am planning to serve fondue for a women's church activity, both chocolate and cheese. There are probably going to be about 50 people there, and I've never made food for such a big group before. How much fondue should I plan for each person (considering this is not supposed to be their meal, just "refreshments")? 1/4 cup?



And, more importantly, how much dipping stuff do I need to go with the fondue? That's even harder for me to estimate!How much fondue and dipping food for about 50 people?
Good luck with your church activity. First of all, you'll have to make sure you have enough fondue pots for that many people. If they are sitting down, 4 to 6 people per pot. If they are wandering around, you can use fewer pots.



As for dipping, I would assume something like 10-15 pieces of fruit per person for chocolate and 5-10 pieces of bread per person for cheese.



So for example, a regular baguette could probably make enough bread for about 8-10 people.



Small strawberries, grapes, cherries count as one piece of fruit and you could probably make 10-15 pieces of fruit per apple/peach, etc.



Check below for recipes.How much fondue and dipping food for about 50 people?
I dunno... but watch out for the double dippers.... ewwwwwww, saliva in everything..yuck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment