Sunday, February 26, 2012

What is the one thing that you cannot pass up at a bake sale?? Tips for a bake sale??

I am running a bake sale and I need to know what everyone's favorite goodie is, so I know what to bake. I also need tips on how to run a very successful bake sale. Also, what would you think about having a chocolate fondue fountain set up where you can get fruit dipped in chocolate?? Thanks for all of your input.What is the one thing that you cannot pass up at a bake sale?? Tips for a bake sale??
Cupcakes are great and so are home made cookies. I love lemon bars, and they are so hard to find, that every time I see a bake sale I look for them.

The chocolate fountain wouldn't be my taste, as the cost of good chocolate to make a fountain is quite high (I've had low grade chocolate fountains and they are horrid!) and you can't always make sure that people don't double dip...yuck!

My tip is to wrap a plate of cookies with nice see through wrap and a bow or ribbon, or go to the 99 cent store and purchase some great seasonal plastic plates and make a cookie assortment, wrap and sell for $10. (I would pay $10 for that easily, especially if it was for a good cause)

Another suggestion is to make Rice Krispy Treats and wrap inidividually and sell for 75 cents or a $1 each.

Also try brownies. Just make sure that anything you bake with nuts in it is plainly marked for people with allergies.

Good luck to you. I always love a good bake sale.
Beautiful, big cookies wrapped in a color clear wrap.What is the one thing that you cannot pass up at a bake sale?? Tips for a bake sale??
Brownies %26amp; chocolate chip cookies. I'm going to say, make the display attractive. Put a few harvest leaf decorations around or something, or a small pumpkin arrangement. Use a pretty tablecloth. I'll bet pie would sell well, but few people will bake them.
banana bread! hmmm ceesecake would be awesome everyone 鈾?#039;s cheesecake. but hey im a sugar girl what can i say =]



p.s.

dont make things very expensive. people like yummies but r only willing to pay so much.What is the one thing that you cannot pass up at a bake sale?? Tips for a bake sale??
carmel apples. its not baked, but its always a hit at bake sales because its one of those things people don't typically have often at home
cupcakes, carmel apples, banana nut bread, apple spice bread, zuchinni orange bread, pumpkin bread, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, cinnamon rolls, (were a hit at my bake sales and so were the breads,sold out everyday).. if you need some recipes for banana nut bread, apple spice bread, zuchinni, or pumpkin' bread or cinnamon rolls just let me know. i got them, i make them all from scratch. good luck.
I love brownies!!



I love fondue, but I don't know how a fondue fountain would go over at a bake sale. I'd be nervous about double-dippers! It could work if you ladled the fresh fondue in a cup for the person buying it.
the fountain might be tricky if it's not well organised, as far as the goodies, i LOVE the cookies, the big, homemade cookies, snickerdoodle, sugar, peanut butter or m%26amp;m, they have to be big and home made, yum! oh, you should sell some milk too, here's a tip, i know that at Mrs.Field's cookies, the m%26amp;m cookies have to have a blue m%26amp;m somewhere in it because that color attracts people's eyes(especially kids) and it make it look appealing or something, so you might like to try that, i also love sugar cookes with sprinkles yum! good luck with the sale i want to come
http://baking.about.com/cs/hintsandtips/鈥?/a>



There was some great info on the above site. I also saw Martha do a show on bake sales so check that out.



Thing I go for every time - Brownie or Rice Krispie Treat.
chocolate fountain ----NO,don't do it --- it will be a big mess.

fresh baked buns, scotcheroos, brownies, no bake cookies, popcorn cake, fresh baked Carmel rolls, popcorn balls, decorated cookies on a stick (cookie pops) sell the scotcheroos, brownies, cookie pops, and Carmel rolls individually wrapped, they will never make it home. good luck
CUPCAKES!! Make them colorful... When see a colorful cupcake then i know i cant resist... with sprinkles of course, too! :] lol
Two things come to mind. A double layered chocolate cake, with creamy chocolate frosting, and brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment